Here are 5 common causes of a leaking conservatory roof:
- 1. Damaged or deteriorated sealant between panes
- 2. Blocked or leaking gutters
- 3. Ill-fitting flashing between the house and conservatory
- 4. Wrongly laid roof panels
- 5. Dirt that’s been ingrained in the glass
If you’re having trouble identifying exactly where the leak is occurring (i.e. if there isn’t a large visible crack or gap), check the final point (the decorative point at the top of your conservatory), where the panes of glass are sealed, or along the wall where the conservatory is attached to. These are common problem areas, and if it turns out that the leak can be remedied with a fresh coat of sealant, then you might be able to DIY a solution.
If your conservatory roof leak is more serious – i.e. if there is damage to the glass itself – you may have to replace one (or more) glass panels. You should hire a professional for this, as you could put yourself at risk, cause further damage and incur higher costs if you try to replace glass panes yourself.