Child Safe by design – what does this mean to you?
Thomas Sanderson doesn’t believe in curbing children’s playfulness and natural curiosity – that’s why we manufacture window coverings that are safe by design.
At Thomas Sanderson we make child safety a priority and are continually working on improving the safety of our products.
The current legislation (European EN 13120 standard) limits risk by requiring the following as standard in all newly-manufactured blinds manufactured:
- If a loop is present in a blind, it must be fitted during manufacture with a safety device that will break under pressure;
- Safety devices must be supplied to secure the cord to the wall;
- A minimum distance from the floor to the bottom of pull cords of 1.5 metres;
- Mandatory warning labels on all products and packaging
Thomas Sanderson has been handcrafting blinds with child and pet safety in mind for over 20 years. We believe that just limiting risk is not enough and have worked hard to eliminate risk wherever possible.
We now offer all our products without cords or pulleys. All our window and door blinds are ‘child-safe by design’ making them considerably better for family use.
At Thomas Sanderson, you can choose from a range of innovative systems to replace traditional cords or pulleys:
- UltraGlide® uses a singular retractable cord with no loops that returns to its starting position after use. Neat, tidy and inherently safe for all the family
- LiteRise® incorporates a gearing system with no visible hanging cords or pulleys. Blinds can be pushed up or pulled down smoothly by hand
- Our Duette® range of blinds is available with SmartCord®, like Ultraglide®, a retractable non-loop cord
- Our fully automated PowerRise® system is the ultimate solution to easy and safe operation of blinds. It can be activated with the touch of a button.
Children are naturally inquisitive. As a Thomas Sanderson customer you get the peace of mind that comes with our ‘by-design’ approach to safety and the opportunity to eliminate, rather than reduce, the risks in your home.Request a brochure Book a design consultation
- Thomas Sanderson - a complete service
- Manufacturing in the UK with factories in Hampshire and Coventry provide a quick turnaround
- Our experienced and highly skilled staff takes extra care of the details to meet your exact requirements
- We offer a local service and continuing to make our relationship with each and every customer our main priority